söndag 14 augusti 2011

ServerConnector is moving forward!

Server Connector is almost finished now!.. at least all the code is. But what I have promised myself when writing these "modules" is to be very pedantic about commenting the code and to make all code execute and read smoothley.

At this point you can add a server to the List of servers, which is then written out to a .plist file containing all servers. Then the UIPickerView reads all the servers in the lists and lists them by name. You can then delete, test, choose or view details about the all the servers. When you choose a server from the list, this server is written to another .plist-file. It is from this file all other modules/apps will be able access the active and tested server.

It really surprises me how much code this small app has generated. The amount of code needed to make sure all lists are in sync and all connections to the servers are checked correctley takes time to write.
Right now I can't get the app to crash, and it does what it's set up to do. 
My next step is to test this app against a remote server, and thread the app so it won't stutter and show an acivity-wheel while waiting for a server replay.

When all is well with the app itself. I will Comment code, structure code and make the app as accessible as possible for the other modules!

Here is some screens after todays work:


Tomorrow I will go back to my job as sound engineer, so I might not be writing for a few days!

As always, Code on!

//Objective Coder

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar